Saturday 24 September 2011

Tattoo Themed Cards...

hello lovelies!!
have had a good week - got cracking with my xmas stock last weekend and got quite alot done!! well, 20 cards done. but that means that I only have 80 to go!! :) shouldn't take that long! *giggles nervously* if only I didn't have a full time job to get in the way of all my crafting!

I've been playing with biggy ALOT since I got back from holiday...suddenly all those dies and embossing folders I have actually work and look good!! it's nice not to have to pack underneath them with pieces of paper to get the right thickness. as a treat I bought myself 3 sets of the Sizzix Framelits.... LOVE them!


I bought 'Fancy Labels' , 'Tickets' and 'Circles'. I would personally say that the circles have moved their way into my 'essential' crafting kit!! I can't remember how many times I have tried to find something round to draw around... its either too big or too small...then there is the issue of cutting them out! never very circular when I had finished with the scissors!! these Framelits are AMAZING and I WILL be buying the other shapes when payday rolls round! :)

  
I had a nice break from xmas stock today - had an order for a male birthday card - theme 'tattoo'. I have some awesome tattoo stamps that I bought from Artful Splodger however, I felt the main stamps were a little too girly for my central image so created my own tattoo image. I used the star stamp from the Bombshell collection for the star banner at the top. I downloaded a free tattoo font from the internet and printed out the 'happy birthday' onto the same paper as I used for the background. 




I then cut out some wings and the heart and used foam pads to give the card some dimension. for a final touch I added a ruby coloured gem to the heart. I am VERY happy at how this card turned out - so much so I am gonna knock some more of these out and take them to the craft fair in December!!! there is a definite gap in the market for these tattoo themed cards!!! 


I do love my Bombshell Stamps to pieces so I thought I would show you some of the cards I have made using them - I love the retro tattoo look... lemme know what you think!






well, I think that's about it for now. 
keep smiling, keep crafting, speak soon.xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment